Creative Industrial Designer to produce innovative equipment and accessories from concept to commercialization for the Equipment - Hard Goods Division. Under the direction from the Equipment Director, the Industrial Designer will support each Equipment product category including Goggles, Dive, Caps, Aqua Fitness and Kid's Begin to Swim. The role will be responsible for creation of innovative and technologically advanced products that are original and true to the brand heritage.
- Create designs for equipment products categories and contribute to the development of a product line.
- Manage and track all phases of the design schedule to meet a development calendar that ensures on-time delivery.
- Conduct market research and identify new trends while being familiar with the existing marketplace and associated patents and trademarks.
- Provide tear sheets, sketches,and samples to establish trend and design research.
- Create and communicate visual presentations with merchandising boards that illustrate products from concept through commercialization.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of materials and the hard goods manufacturing process.
- Prepare and maintain detailed tech packs with development specifications for applicable vendors.
- Catalog, organize and archive all design and research for necessary product categories by season.
- Support and assist necessary responsibilities of a product development team, such as but not limited to coloring cads, editing tech packs, updating product feature sets.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple product categories and design projects at one time.
- Attend all cross-functional and departmental meetings to review key concepts and product line development.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills to support team members and the ability to successfully troubleshoot development issues when they may arise.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or a related field.
- 5 to 10 years experience designing and developing innovative equipment products.
- Previous industrial design experience within sporting goods industry is a plus.
- Strong PhotoShop and Illustrator skills and experience with 3D design programs are required with Hard Goods construction and sketching.
- Knowledge of the hard goods manufacturing process, including materials and engineering limitations.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Displays initiative and innovation on the job.
- Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely manner.
- Passion every day to design compelling, cutting edge product.
Managing Corporate Recruiter, AvaSearch Firm LLC
AWID supports its members and their careers
in industrial design.
Please e-mail us with your job postings at firstname.lastname@example.org